1/1 Photo of Fluffy Buttermilk Frosting
This is so easy to flavor any way you like. Try adding lemon, peppermint, or orange extract in place of half (or all!) of the vanilla to better match your cake flavor. This easily makes enough to frost 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes. My last batch was lemon, and I added a couple drops of yellow food coloring, along with the lemon extract.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On low speed, cream the butter, sugar and salt (about 2 minutes).
- 2Add the buttermilk, one tablespoon at a time.
- 3Add the vanilla (or other flavor extract). .
- 4Increase speed to high, and whip for three minutes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Buttermilk Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1526.0
- Calories from Fat 829
- Total Fat 92.1 g
- Saturated Fat 58.3 g
- Cholesterol 244.6 mg
- Sodium 975.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 177.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g