Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy to flavor any way you like. Try adding lemon, peppermint, or orange extract in place of half (or all!) of the vanilla to better match your cake flavor. This easily makes enough to frost 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes. My last batch was lemon, and I added a couple drops of yellow food coloring, along with the lemon extract.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- On low speed, cream the butter, sugar and salt (about 2 minutes).
- Add the buttermilk, one tablespoon at a time.
- Add the vanilla (or other flavor extract). .
- Increase speed to high, and whip for three minutes.