Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the only biscuits I make for any meal or occasion. Fast, easy, delicious, freeze and bake later!!
- 59.16 ml saco dry buttermilk (powder)
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 158.51 ml water
- Makes 1 dozen 2 1/2 inch biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 450*. Sift dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles corn meal. Add water and mix until dough is pliable. Do not overbeat! Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead 30 seconds. Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick, no less. Cut with floured cutter. Place close together on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Add parmesean and grated cheddar to the batter and brush with garlic butter on top for a savory biscuit.
- Roll out and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, rolling up to make cinnamom rolls. Bake 15-18 minutes. Drizzle with icing.
I made these with my kids. Of course I had to substitute some things, dry milk for the dry buttermilk, 1 cup of the flour was whole wheat and the shortening was butter flavor crisco. The batch made 10 biscuits for me. I patted them out and cut them with a glass. They baked up in about 10 minutes on an air bake pan. The kids ate them with butter and said they were good. They did look pretty dark but did taste like good falling apart biscuits. Would make again. Thanks for sharing! Dawni