Recipe by Baking Girl
I created this frosting recipe today for my sugar cookies. I'm not a fan of super sweet icing so I decided to make my own...I love Italian Buttercream but it is way to time consuming for rolled sugar cookies (which already take a long time).
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk (for desired consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Beat butter until cream.
- 2. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time. Beat and scrape down bowl after each addition. Add pinch of salt. Beat until incorporated.
- 3. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat until incorporated.
- 4. Add milk and beat until nice and fluffy. Add more to thin out to desired consistency.