Recipe by ~Lana~
A very fluffy, light cocoa frosting. I love to make frosting with butter, you get a dreamy, creamy consistency.
Top Review by lollipoplane
I didn't care for this at all...Really wasn't fluffy? I did only have skim milk so possibly that could have been the reason.
I ended up leaving on the side of the cake and not icing with it and let my kids/and others use if they wanted or not use. Just not a favorite.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, very soft
- 2 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa (or more for darker, richer flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk or 2 -3 tablespoons cream (to desired spreading consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl (or 4 cup glass measuring cup is easier) add powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Cut in soft butter with a knife or fork.
- Add vanilla.
- Using mixer beat until fluffy.
- Add the milk or cream now until spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Frost COOLED (if warm it will melt the butter) cake, cookies, brownies, whatever!
- I use this recipe for my Moist Fudgy Cocoa Brownies.