Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very fluffy, light cocoa frosting. I love to make frosting with butter, you get a dreamy, creamy consistency.
- In a bowl (or 4 cup glass measuring cup is easier) add powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Cut in soft butter with a knife or fork.
- Add vanilla.
- Using mixer beat until fluffy.
- Add the milk or cream now until spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Frost COOLED (if warm it will melt the butter) cake, cookies, brownies, whatever!
- I use this recipe for my Moist Fudgy Cocoa Brownies.
I didn't care for this at all...Really wasn't fluffy? I did only have skim milk so possibly that could have been the reason.
I ended up leaving on the side of the cake and not icing with it and let my kids/and others use if they wanted or not use. Just not a favorite.
Wonderful, Light, Creamy frosting. Very easy! Thanks for posting.
This was very good. I made a half batch and it worked out great to put just a thin layer of frosting on a pan of brownies I made. I plan on using it again this weekend. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.