Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are my favourites pancakes because they are delicious and healthy, fluffy and thick! If you wish you can use whole wheat flour adding some more liquid to the batter.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg whites and melted butter.
- Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot with syrup or honey.
- It's possible to prepare batter the night before and refrigerate it covered overnight.
Excellent pancakes! I substituted whole wheat flour for the buckwheat flour and used one whole egg. They were light & fluffy. Thanks for a wonderful Sunday morning recipe! :)
Pancakes were fluffy but satisfying! Instant family hit! Was looking for a recipe that didn't call for yeast or a lot of prep time. This hit the spot! Thanks!!!!!!
I have never eaten or made buckwheat pancakes, until I tried this recipe. I am not a big pancake lover, but I did prefer these over ones made with all-purpose flour. To me they have somewhat of a poppy seed flavour.