Recipe by Manuela
These are my favourites pancakes because they are delicious and healthy, fluffy and thick! If you wish you can use whole wheat flour adding some more liquid to the batter.
- 3⁄4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg whites and melted butter.
- Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot with syrup or honey.
- It's possible to prepare batter the night before and refrigerate it covered overnight.