A little bit of cooking creates a great, stable frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix brown sugar, water and corn syrup in a medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to a full rolling boil. (Be careful, as it will rise, so make sure the sides of your pan are taller). Let it boil at medium to medium high until the syrup drops like a hair from spoon (approximately 10 minutes). Remove from burner and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 4SLOWLY pour the hot syrup in a THIN stream into egg whites, beating constantly.
- 5Beat until frosting holds peaks, then blend in vanilla.
- 6Let cool to room temp, then store covered in the fridge until ready to use.
- 7The egg whites are cooked when the hot sugar syrup is slowly streamed into them. So no worries about raw egg whites!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Brown Sugar Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g