Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead this dessert needs to chill for 2 hours or more before serving, cherry or lemon pie filling may be replaced for the blueberry, if you prefer a thicker crust and more crumb topping then double the wafer crumbs and butter :)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (28 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- In a bowl combine the crushed wafer cookie with melted butter, then set aside 3/4 cup for the top of the dessert.
- Press the remaining crumbs into a 13 x 9-inch pan, then chill for about 20-30 minutes (this will firm up the crust to allow the pie filling to be easily spread on the crust).
- After the chilling time carefully spread the pie filling over the chilled crust.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine the marshmallows with orange juice; microwave on HIGH for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring once until smooth.
- In another bowl beat cream cheese until smooth, then add in the marshmallow mixture; beat until well combined and smooth.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip topping until combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pie filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set.