Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I finally figured out how to make really tasty waffles out of bisquick mix! I used the Master Mix found here instead of store bought mix: http://www.recipezaar.com/45055
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix (or substitute)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup powdered milk (or you can use milk instead of water and powder)
- 2 eggs, seperated
- Mix mix, water, milk powder (or 1.5 cups of milk if using instead) and egg yolk with beaters until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with clean beaters until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour batter onto a preheated waffle griddle/iron/baker and bake.
- These can be frozen when cooled. Best if heated in microwave briefly (about 10-30 seconds depending on microwave) but can be toasted if you like them crispy.
Excellent... took just a few extra minutes to take out the beaters, and wow, they were good, very light and fluffy. The kids loved them! Thanks!
I made these waffles using the Bisquick mix I made using Recipe #357101. They were absolutely perfect. Light crisp and fluffy. Making a point to add this one to my cookbook!
My wife and I made waffles this morning going by this recipe. They turned out great!