Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pancakes are not only healthy, but delicious too! I came up with the recipe by combining a pancake recipe with a muffin recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour (I used King Arthur White Wheat flour)
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Combine banana, milk, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour onto griddle sprayed with Pam using 1/4 measure.
- Flip when the pancakes bubble and are browned on the bottom.
- Makes approximately 15 pancakes.
The person who created this recipe should go into business as a chef! Seriously one of the best recipes I have tried in a long time. Praise the Lord for healthy cooking that tastes great too!
I'm not usually mad keen on banana pancakes but for once I thought these tasted really good! I especially liked the idea of using bran although I actually used wheat as I didn't have any oat. I also halved the recipe which was the perfect amount for us. Definitely lovely breakfast pancakes!
YUMMMM! Tried this recipe this morning, used brown sugar instead of white sugar and added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. I got 22 pancakes out of the recipe (I use a scant 1/4 c. batter for each pancake). Everyone loved these! The texture, flavor, and taste are great! This will become our recipe for banana pancakes from now on. Thanks!!!