Recipe by Georgia Girl
Mama's special omelet is so good, and we have had it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and supper. Super good and super easy.
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) canwhole asparagus spears, well drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a well seasoned iron skillet, and place it in the oven while the oven is preheating, and you are preparing the omelet.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat the egg yolks well, slowly add the flour and stir until smoothly blended.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Lightly fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the omelet into it.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the omelet is set in the center and lightly browned.
- When the omelet is done, remove from the oven and loosen the sides with a spatula.
- Place a platter close to the skillet, and with a spatula loosen the bottom of the omelet and slide it out onto the platter.
- Pour the melted butter over the omelet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- **Note:If desired, you can place the asparagus spears in a wheel pattern on top of the omelet before placing it in the oven and/or sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.