Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Really you can use as much cinnamon/sugar mix as desired, the apples with float to the top when baking! Serve with maple or pancake syrup. I have also made this using a can of apple pie filling on the bottom in place of sliced apples.
- 4 small apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste, use white or brown sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 11 x 7-inch baking dish (I have also made this in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish but your pancake with be flatter!).
- In a small cup or bowl mix the 3 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the apple slices over the bottom of the baking dish (they do nt have to be in a single layer) then sprinkle with 2 tablespoon white or brown sugar.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the flour with milk, eggs, melted butter, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar (if using) until well blended and smooth; pour into the baking dish.
- Pour the mixture over the apples in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees bottom oven rack (your oven must preheated and hot before baking the pancake).
- Reduce the heat to 325 and continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Slice into squares and drizzle with syrup.