Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really you can use as much cinnamon/sugar mix as desired, the apples with float to the top when baking! Serve with maple or pancake syrup. I have also made this using a can of apple pie filling on the bottom in place of sliced apples.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 11 x 7-inch baking dish (I have also made this in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish but your pancake with be flatter!).
- In a small cup or bowl mix the 3 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the apple slices over the bottom of the baking dish (they do nt have to be in a single layer) then sprinkle with 2 tablespoon white or brown sugar.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the flour with milk, eggs, melted butter, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar (if using) until well blended and smooth; pour into the baking dish.
- Pour the mixture over the apples in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees bottom oven rack (your oven must preheated and hot before baking the pancake).
- Reduce the heat to 325 and continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Slice into squares and drizzle with syrup.
This was excellent - a little on the sweet side - could actually have a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and double as a dessert! Thank-you for posting this.
This is a delicious start to the day. Packed with protein and fruit so it's nutritious but oh, so yummy. My mom makes this for us when we come visit and I can never get enough.
I had some leftover apple pie filling so used that, this was lovely & simple to prepare and was a tasty & decadent brekky, thanks Kit!