Recipe by koko-girl
This makes a wonderful side dish and it's one of my favorite ways tin eating potatoes!
Top Review by Kathy(
OMG, where has this recipe been all my life! Pesto added to mashed potatoes is divine! The aroma was heavenly. I was looking for a way to use up some leftover pesto I had in the freezer, and I'm delighted that it led me to this gem of a recipe.
- 36 ounces potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 200 ml hot chicken stock (or milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes into a large saucepan, cover well with cold water and add about 1/2 tsp.
- of salt.
- Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are tender (around 20-25 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and then mash thoroughly using a potato masher.
- Put the stock, olive oil, and pesto into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer then pour it into the mash.
- With a wooden spoon, beat vigorously for about 3 minutes until the texture of the potatoes is light and fluffy.
- Reheat gently if necessary, then fold in the parmesan and pine nuts before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.