Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something about gooey sweets and combinations suck me right in...I get just like my kids! These are fast and easy to make because of the Bisquick, and if the peanut butter and fluff isn't for you, you can change the filling to anything that will suit your tastes.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- peanut butter
- marshmallow cream or marshmallows
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, melted, for drizzling (optional)
- Heat oven to 450*F.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and Bisquick until crumbly; you can use a fork, your hands,or 2 butter knives.
- Stir in the milk until a soft dough forms; this takes about 15 strokes.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets; make a shallow indentation in the center of each with the back of a spoon.
- **If you use another filling, such as pie filling or jam, fill puffs with 1 teaspoons filling at this point.**.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to wire racks.
- If using the peanut butter and fluff filling option, now is the time to fill with 1 teaspoons peanut butter, then a dollop of fluff or a cut marshmallow. If desired, muddle the two while pastries are warm.
- When cool, serve as is, dust with powdered sugar, or drizzle with melted chocolate.