Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fun recipe, easily altered to vegetarian.
- 4 baked potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, diced
- 3 ounces honey-roasted ham, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- After taking the cooked potatoes out of the oven, lower the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a 1/2 inch slice off the top of each potato and scoop out the flesh to leave a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Mash the flesh, with the butter, mustard and egg yolks.
- Stir in the cheese, ham, chives, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until fairly stiff and fold into the potato mixture.
- Pile back into the shells and bake for 20 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
- Serve hot with a crisp green leafy salad.