This was the final kitchen activity of the year for the Wednesday night Kid's Club.
Make and share this Flowerpot Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 unfrosted chocolate cupcake
- 1 piece fruit leather (strip)
- 2 -4 brightly coloured gumdrops
- 4 green gumdrops
- 2 -4 pretzel sticks
- With a fork, fluff up the surface of the cupcake to look like soil.
- Cut the fruit strip slightly larger than the cupcake base and wrap it around to look like the bottom of a flower pot. Moisten strip if neccessary. Press ends together to secure.
- Cut another strip slightly larger than the cupcake top and fold in half length wise. Wrap it around to look like the top of a flower pot. Moisten strip if neccessary. Press ends together to secure.
- Cut thick slices from the centers of gumdrops. With sharp scissors, snip the gum drops into tulip shapes.
- Trim the green gumdrops to form leaves.
- Press "tulips" into pretzel stick "stems" and poke into "soil".
- Arrange the "leaves" at the base of the flowers.
I'm going to combine it with the cupcake in the cone recipe and make the whole thing edible.
Very cute- I can't wait to try your recipe!