Recipe by mydesigirl
Very nice way to decorate desserts such as muffins or cookies. Also great as a sweetener for tea. Pick either Lilacs or Roses.
- 1⁄4 cup rose petal
- 1⁄4 cup lilac fresh edible flower
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Select edible flowers grown without pesticides. Lavender and roses are good choices.
- If the flowers are small, such as lavender, leave them attached.
- With roses, remove the petals and discard the stem.
- Place 1 cup of sugar into a zip-top bag.
- Add flowers to sugar.
- Squeeze out the air from the bag and seal.
- Let rest for 3 to 4 days.
- Sift the sugar from the flowers.
- Store sugar in an airtight container.
- DO NOT use Flowers from a florist or nursery as they are probably contaminated with pesticides.
- For color, you can add a tiny drop of food coloring to the finished sugar. Shake the sealed bag until the color is evenly distributed.
- Be certain the flowers you choose are edible.