This is a light, creamy dessert that is lots of fun! Prep/time does not include the time it takes to bake the cake, since that may vary according to the pans you use. Do I need to tell you that you should buy a new flower pot just for this dessert? For fun, garnish with gummy worms and serve with a plastic spade. Note: RZ is refusing to understand "artificial flowers" in the ingredient list- and keeps changing it to edible fresh flowers... but you want fake ones!
For the Cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
For the Pudding
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 (14 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package Cool Whip
Non food items
- 1 plastic flower pot
- 1 bunch artificial fresh edible flower
- gummy worms
- Empty cake mix into a large bowl. Mix in water, oil and eggs. Bake according to package directions. You will have leftover cake -- I usually make mine into muffins and freeze what I dont use.
- Empty pudding mix into another bowl. Add milk and beat, according to package directions. Let thicken in fridge.
- Grind cookies in blender or food processor until you have very fine crumbs that resemble dirt.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and maragrine together. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold cream cheese micture into thickened pudding.
- Get your flower pot (mine is about 9" tall) and line the bottom with small square of aluminum foil if the pot has drainage holes.
- Layer ingredients into the flower pot in the following order-.
- Cookie crumbs first. Top with crumbled (or small cubes) chocolate cake. Then pudding mixture. Lastly, Cool Whip.
- Repeat layering 3 to 4 times. Top off entire pot with 1" of cookie crumbs.
- Chill until set.
- Garnish with flowers. Add gummy worms if you wish. Serve with spade.