1/14 Photos of Flower Pot Cake
This is a light, creamy dessert that is lots of fun! Prep/time does not include the time it takes to bake the cake, since that may vary according to the pans you use. Do I need to tell you that you should buy a new flower pot just for this dessert? For fun, garnish with gummy worms and serve with a plastic spade. Note: RZ is refusing to understand "artificial flowers" in the ingredient list- and keeps changing it to edible fresh flowers... but you want fake ones!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cake
For the Pudding
- 1 (14 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package Cool Whip
Non food items
- 1 plastic flower pot
- 1 bunch artificial fresh edible flower
- gummy worms
- 1Empty cake mix into a large bowl. Mix in water, oil and eggs. Bake according to package directions. You will have leftover cake -- I usually make mine into muffins and freeze what I dont use.
- 2Empty pudding mix into another bowl. Add milk and beat, according to package directions. Let thicken in fridge.
- 3Grind cookies in blender or food processor until you have very fine crumbs that resemble dirt.
- 4In a bowl, beat cream cheese and maragrine together. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- 5Fold cream cheese micture into thickened pudding.
- 6Get your flower pot (mine is about 9" tall) and line the bottom with small square of aluminum foil if the pot has drainage holes.
- 7Layer ingredients into the flower pot in the following order-.
- 8Cookie crumbs first. Top with crumbled (or small cubes) chocolate cake. Then pudding mixture. Lastly, Cool Whip.
- 9Repeat layering 3 to 4 times. Top off entire pot with 1" of cookie crumbs.
- 10Chill until set.
- 11Garnish with flowers. Add gummy worms if you wish. Serve with spade.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flower Pot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1133.2
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 1431.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 80.9 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh edible flowers