Talk about presentation! These gorgeous frozen floral bowls (edible!) are recommended for cold soups, particularly fruit soups. But I figure anything cold would be more than enhanced by these bowls. You can make a bowl for each serving or one big serving bowl. Recipe discovered in "Cooking Fearlessly: Recipes and other Adventures from Hudson's on the Bend"
- fresh edible flower (to name a few, rose, pansy, sunflower, basil, honeysuckle, lavender, violets...make sure these are o)
- Fill a metal or ceramic bowl 3/4 full with water and the flower petals.
- Place a smaller bowl inside the first bowl and anchor with duct tape to keep it centered.
- Freeze bowls overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove duct tape and the small bowl.
- If you happen to have a blow torch, flash the larger bowl to release the finished ice bowl-- but don't worry, room temperature will release the bowl in 10-15 minutes.
- Fill with something colorful and yummy and serve!