Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy cashew chicken recipe from Jr. League Cookbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cashews
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with cornstarch and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Add sherry and soy sauce and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil until faintly smoking.
- Add chicken and sauté quickly until barely done.
- Add mushrooms and green pepper and sauté for about 45 seconds.
- Add Hoisin sauce, salt to taste, and cashews.
- Toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve immediately.