Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
For those crafty minded cooks. Use store bought pound cake loaf and cookies to create this very cute cake. Flowers are edible too.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- 4 cups frosted Cheerios
- 15 leaf-shaped spearmint gumdrops
- 15 wooden skewers (8 inch)
- 3 red fruit roll-ups
- 6 large marshmallows
- yellow sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate frosting
- 1 loaf poundcake
- 12 crisp rectangular cookies (about 3 inches long and 1 or little bigger wide)
- To make hyacinths---------------.
- Combine butter and mini marshmallows in a sauce pan.
- Cook and stir until melted.
- Divide into to 2 large bowls.
- Stir in 2-3 drops each of red and blue food coloring into one bowl and 1-2 drops of red food coloring into the other bowl.
- Add 2 cups of the cereal into each bowl.
- Stir until well coated.
- Insert 1 gumdrop on nine skewers.
- With buttered hands, quickly shape 1/2 cup of the cereal mix into 3 to 4 inch long hyacinth shape around the gumdrop.
- Place flowers on a wax paper lined cooking sheet, cover loosely and chill for 4 hours.
- For Tulips--------------------.
- Cut 6- 2 1/2 inch long pieces of fruit roll up.
- Trim one end of each piece into a rounded tulip shaped petal.
- Trim 1/4 inch off each corner of the other end.
- Lightly brush the end of the large marshmallows with water using a small pastry brush.
- Dip dampened end into the yellow sugar.
- Lightly brush water on all sides and the bottom of the marshmallow.
- Gently press a petal into the sides so the top of the petal is 1/2 inch above the the yellow end.
- Repeat 5 times, overlapping the side of each petal about 1/8 of an inch.
- Fold bottoms of the petals under the marshmallow, overlapping the ends.
- (brush with water if needed to hold the petals together) Insert a skewer through the bottom of the petals and into the center of the marshmallow to create the stem.
- Insert a gumdrop leaf onto the other end of the skewer to hold the marshmallow in place.
- Too assemble the flower box--------------------.
- Frost top and sides of the cake.
- Place cookies vertically around the cake to create wood slats to the sides of the"box" Just before serving, insert flowers into the cake, trimming the bottoms of the skewers to varied lengths.