Recipe by punkrockgrl78
I use a small cookie scoop. can use other nuts, 2 cups nuts to make 1 cup nut butter. From MyWholeFoodLife.
- 1 cup smooth cashew butter (see notes)
- 5 medjool dates (pits removed and soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla beans or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate, chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the dates in the water.
- In a small blender combine the dates, sea salt and 2 T new water and mix until a caramel starts to form. If you need to add a little extra water, that is okay.
- In a food processor, mix the cashew butter, vanilla and baking powder together.
- Add the caramel to the cashew butter mixture and pulse a few times.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and pulse a few more times.
- Drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Wait until the cookies are completely cooled before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer.