Recipe by David04
Since I should not eat bread or dough, this still allows me to eat my pizza. It is a soft crust since it is egg based. I add the garlic powder and grated cheese to give it a more pizza dough taste. I top it with extra lean beef, low-fat cheeses, sauce and veggies to keep it healthy.
Top Review by starlightmayra
Very yummy! And very good! Gave it four stars since I wasn't sure if it was suppose to be very soft and eaten with a fork. My housemate and I ate it with fork and knives and it was great! I think I will try it again for sure and maybe this time leave it longer than 20 minutes...like maybe 30 minutes at 300 degrees or 20 minutes in 375 degrees. Other than that...it was great! Thank you!
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons dry parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with a mixer until stiff.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, Splenda, salt, garlic powder and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites BE VERY CAREFUL that you not to deflate the whites.
- Spray cooking spray on a medium-sized pizza pan.
- Spread mixture out on a pizza pan.
- Sprinkle with Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake at 300 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove. Place on toppings and bake pizza. This will be a soft crust pizza.