Recipe by **Jubes**
An Ed Halmagyi "Fast Ed" recipe. Flourless cake made using ground pistachios and almonds. Gluten-free as it contains no flours and gluten-free ingredients
- 250 g pistachios
- 200 g almond meal (ground almonds)
- 2 teaspoons freshly-grated nutmeg
- 200 g raw sugar
- 200 g dark brown sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- honey and extra yoghurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 24 cm round cake tin.
- Place 200g pistachios in a blender and pulse until a fine crumb forms. Add the blended pistachios, almond meal, nutmeg, sugars and butter to a large bowl. Rub the mixture together with your fingertips to incorporate.
- Press half the mixture into the base of the lined tin.
- Add to the remaining mixture in the bowl - the eggs, yolk and yoghurt. Mix to combine.
- Add the 2nd layer of cake mixture to the tin and press inches.
- Scatter the cake with the remaining pistachios.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden, then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with honey and extra yoghurt.