Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An Ed Halmagyi "Fast Ed" recipe. Flourless cake made using ground pistachios and almonds. Gluten-free as it contains no flours and gluten-free ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 24 cm round cake tin.
- Place 200g pistachios in a blender and pulse until a fine crumb forms. Add the blended pistachios, almond meal, nutmeg, sugars and butter to a large bowl. Rub the mixture together with your fingertips to incorporate.
- Press half the mixture into the base of the lined tin.
- Add to the remaining mixture in the bowl - the eggs, yolk and yoghurt. Mix to combine.
- Add the 2nd layer of cake mixture to the tin and press inches.
- Scatter the cake with the remaining pistachios.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden, then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with honey and extra yoghurt.