Recipe by SaddleUp87
I saw this recipe in TOH and changed a few things to suit my own tastes. It is very easy to throw together and has a very satisfying flavor and texture. You may want to cut down the sugar to 1/2 cup if you don't like very sweet cookies. Use holiday colored m&m's for a festive look in lunch boxes or at parties!
Top Review by Chef Jen #1
I used 15 ounces of peanut butter, left out the butter, used 1 cup of honey in place of the white sugar, and I left out the chocolate chips and M&Ms. These turned out great, and they are semihealthy. I will be making these again. Thanks
- 12 ounces peanut butter (use skippy crunchy for best results)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey (or corn syrup)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup M&M'
- 1⁄2 cup salted party peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a mixing bowl.
- add eggs one at at time, beating each well.
- beat in baking soda, honey, and vanilla.
- combine oats, m&m's, chips, and peanuts in a separate bowl.
- stir oat mixture into wet ingredients.
- drop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. (you may want to flatten them slightly with your palm for a more uniform shape).
- bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- let cool for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack.