Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This flourless peanut butter cookie recipe is excellent and so easy to make. Your kids will love it and you will too! Because this recipe contains no flour, the true taste of the peanut butter comes through loud and clear! I hope you will enjoy these cookies as much as I do!
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease cookie sheets.
- Beat together peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add beaten egg and baking soda to peanut butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet and flatten with tines of fork making a cross pattern.
- Bake until puffed and a golden pale, about 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet about 2 minutes and then transfer with spatula to rack to cool.
- May be kept in air tight container at room temperature for 5 days.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
alright. nj "newbie" here. known for my devotion for peanut butter, could not keep this recipe in my cookbook for too long without giving it a try. first - that silly cross pattern with the fork tip: continually rinse off your fork with warm water ever 2 cookies or so, or it will stick and lose that wonderful pattern in a mush of pulled up dough second - i made my cookies enormous (i only rolled 18). tip: trust me, the WILL expand. they don't look like it, but they do. make real spoonfuls, not shovelfuls. third - if you are crazy and want enormous cookies, reduce the oven to 300. tip: plan an activity to do, these will take longer to cook. the smell of peanut butter will taunt you. if you don't keep yourself busy you will be glaring at the oven for 15+ minutes trying to cook them faster with your soul, and it didn't work for me. fourth - good news! tip: the cookies will harden when out of the oven, so you can be slightly impatient and take them out a little early to maintain a soft chewy cookie! yay! (maybe the soul glare worked?) fifth - additions i agree with other reviews, these cookies would rock even more with other goodies in them like peanut butter chips or oatmeal - i'm going to try that next!
these are yummy! crispy light and different. i used chunky reduced fat peanut butter and with the advice of my grandma, added 1/2 cup of oatmeal. i made the cookies much bigger and ended up with a little over 2 dozen.
These are the easiest cookies I have ever made! I made them for my Mom, and since she is on a restricted sugar diet...I used 1/2 cup of sugar instead of a full cup. They came out great!