1/3 Photos of Flourless Orange and Almond Cake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Great dessert cake made with Cointreau. Serve with fruit and cream, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the whole oranges in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover them and place a small plate on top of the oranges to keep them submerged in the water.
- 2Gradually bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat and allow them to simmer for 40 minutes, or until the oranges are very soft.
- 3Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 4Cut a piece piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of an 8 inch round cake pan. Lightly grease the cake pan and then place the parchment paper circle in the base.
- 5Cut each of the oranges into quarters. Set aside to cool.
- 6Remove any pips, and then place the oranges in the bowl of a food processor and blend until they form a very smooth pulp.
- 7Add the ground almonds, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and Cointreau. Process (pulse) until all of the ingredients are combined.
- 8Add the egg and process again until just combined. Be careful not to overprocess.
- 9Pour the orange mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until the cake is firm and leaves the side of the pan.
- 10Allow to cool completely in the pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Orange and Almond Cake
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 98.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: