Recipe by Jodi B.
These brownies are suitable for people following a low-carb regime. They are not, however, low in fat! Exported from MasterCook, Recipe By : Carol Williams
Top Review by Trish in TEXAS
Personally I couldn't, in all honesty, relish the taste of these brownies. Splenda in soft drinks..delicious! Splenda in the brownies has an unpleasant aftertaste...ugh! I'll opt to "do without". PatZ (Low Carb Lifestyler)
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 3⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 extra large eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup toasted & chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 5 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cream (35% or heavy) (optional)
- 1 cup whipped cream (35% or heavy - whipped stiff) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease well a large baking pan (9 x 13).
- Over a medium bowl, sift ground almonds 3 times.
- Add Splenda, salt& baking powder- mix well.
- Meantime over double boiler or in microwave, melt butter& chocolate.
- Once melted, remove from heat& quickly whisk in eggs (should be pudding-like consistency).
- Add melted chocolate/butter/eggs mixture to dry ingredients.
- Mix well then add chopped nuts, mix well again.
- Pour into well greased pan& bake for 15-20 minutes (check after 15 minutes- do not over bake).
- While brownies are baking prepare topping: Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- (Using hand mixer) blend in Splenda& add cream.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Mixture can rest in fridge while brownies cool then either shmear onto cut brownies, or pipe rosettes.
- These brownies also freeze well (even with topping).
- For those than can afford additional carbs, drizzle a small amount of chocolate sauce on top of the rosette& scatter a few fresh raspberries on the plate.
- 48 Bite Size Brownies@ 2.
- 5 minus 0.
- 7 gr.
- fiber= 1.
- 8 carbs each or 24 good sized Brownies@ 3.
- 6 carbs each.