Jodi B.'s Note:
These brownies are suitable for people following a low-carb regime. They are not, however, low in fat! Exported from MasterCook, Recipe By : Carol Williams
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 3/4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 extra large eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup toasted & chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease well a large baking pan (9 x 13).
- 3Over a medium bowl, sift ground almonds 3 times.
- 4Add Splenda, salt& baking powder- mix well.
- 5Meantime over double boiler or in microwave, melt butter& chocolate.
- 6Once melted, remove from heat& quickly whisk in eggs (should be pudding-like consistency).
- 7Add melted chocolate/butter/eggs mixture to dry ingredients.
- 8Mix well then add chopped nuts, mix well again.
- 9Pour into well greased pan& bake for 15-20 minutes (check after 15 minutes- do not over bake).
- 10While brownies are baking prepare topping: Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- 11(Using hand mixer) blend in Splenda& add cream.
- 12Fold in whipped cream.
- 13Mixture can rest in fridge while brownies cool then either shmear onto cut brownies, or pipe rosettes.
- 14These brownies also freeze well (even with topping).
- 15For those than can afford additional carbs, drizzle a small amount of chocolate sauce on top of the rosette& scatter a few fresh raspberries on the plate.
- 1748 Bite Size Brownies@ 2.
- 185 minus 0.
- 197 gr.
- 20fiber= 1.
- 218 carbs each or 24 good sized Brownies@ 3.
- 226 carbs each.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless (Low Carb) Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 89.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g