Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
You could increase the amount of dark chocolate and decrease the amount of cocoa powder, if you like. I used a minimum amount of sugar, so please adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste. For more healthy, low-GI, gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- 2 2⁄3 ounces dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup coconut sugar (or other natural sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnut meal (or bleached hazelnuts ground in a food processor)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional) or 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- powdered sugar, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/360°C degrees.
- Whip egg whites until a stiff peak forms. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks and sugar. Add the chocolate and butter mixture and mix.
- Mix in the hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, and liquor (if using) and mix.
- Fold in the egg whites and mix. Pour in a 7-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top using a small strainer.
- Infuse love, slice and serve!