Recipe by Geema
These delicious, nutritious pancakes are a real treat for low-carbers, quick and easy to make. I adapted this recipe from another website: lowcarbfriends.com. Add to the basic recipe with a few chopped nuts, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc., but remember that they will add some carbs to the whole count, which is under 10 for the entire recipe of more than 8 pancakes.
Top Review by smasi
Tasty pancakes. Like another reviewer, I also reduced the eggs because I agree the batter would have been too thin. I encountered one problem, the pancakes fell apart when I flipped them, perhaps because of the reduction in eggs. Next time I'll add something to help them bind together, maybe a little Guar Gum.
- 28.39 ml flax seed
- 59.14 ml protein powder, any flavor
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml overflowing heavy cream
- 0.25 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sugar substitute (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the flax seeds in a coffee grinder, making approximately 1/4 cup of meal.
- Add baking powder, protein powder, salt and sweetner to the meal.
- In a separate small bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla and heavy cream.
- Pour into the meal mixture and blend thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- Heat griddle to medium heat; melt butter or coconut oil, and drop pancakes by quarter cups full. Turn when bubble appear on top of pancake, cooking for just a minute more.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.