Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Definitely not buttermilk pancakes but a good, healthy alternative.I like to top mine with fresh strawberries microwaved with a little stevia but any sweet fruit would be yummy.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 drops liquid stevia (optional) or 2 drops artificial sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Mix the ingredients together with a fork.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and warm up.
- Pour dollar size pancakes and cook for a few minutes each side.
- Top with favorite pancake topping.
Hello Chef Romie! I didn't know if I should review this since I made a few changes but I'm hoping a first review will inspire someone else to try this! I used Eggbeaters (1/3 cup for the egg amounts listed), rolled oats for the flax & omitted the wheat germ. I used a low fat/low carb vanilla yogurt so I didn't use any extract or sweetner-I did add plenty of cinnamon, though-and a little baking powder. Sugar free syrup & a nice sweet fruit (I used sliced bananas) is a must, in my opinion, since I need big flavor with my food. I used my immersion blender to smooth up the batter. I also smeared some natural peanut butter on them for a nice nutty flavor & some extra protein. Thank you for sharing this!