Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I saw this recipe on the "Today Show", making it for Christmas dinner, sounds decadent:) I am posting the recipe on here for safe keeping, enjoy.
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate, coarsly chopped
- 1 lb unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 eggs, beaten to blend
- bath hot water
- raspberries (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line bottom of 9 inch cake pan with 2 inch sides with parchment paper.
- Bring butter, espresso, and sugar to boil, stirring to disolve sugar.
- Remove pan from heat, add chocolate and whisk until smooth, cool slightly.
- Whip eggs until blended. Stir eggs into chocolate mixture until well blended, do not whip.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Place cake pan in roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to go halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Chill cake overnight in refridgerator.
- Invert pan onto serving platter (first cut around edges to loosen cake).
- May garnish with dusting of cocoa powder and raspberry sauce.