1 hr 15 mins
Chef #1368411's Note:
I saw this recipe on the "Today Show", making it for Christmas dinner, sounds decadent:) I am posting the recipe on here for safe keeping, enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line bottom of 9 inch cake pan with 2 inch sides with parchment paper.
- 2Bring butter, espresso, and sugar to boil, stirring to disolve sugar.
- 3Remove pan from heat, add chocolate and whisk until smooth, cool slightly.
- 4Whip eggs until blended. Stir eggs into chocolate mixture until well blended, do not whip.
- 5Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Place cake pan in roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to go halfway up sides of cake pan.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes. Chill cake overnight in refridgerator.
- 7Invert pan onto serving platter (first cut around edges to loosen cake).
- 8May garnish with dusting of cocoa powder and raspberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Espresso Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 868.7
- Calories from Fat 726
- Total Fat 80.7 g
- Saturated Fat 49.0 g
- Cholesterol 333.5 mg
- Sodium 104.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 14.1 g