Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am in the first phase of South Beach and wanted to find something that I could have for breakfast with my 1 yr old that was quick,easy (tasted good) and was more than just scrambled eggs. Plus as my mother-in-law is a celiac (can't eat anything with gluten), I'm always trying to create things for her enjoyment as well. I filled it with the SB mocha creme and it hit the spot. I plan to make later today with out the vanilla and splenda and maybe add a pinch of salt to use as a wrap for lunch. Hope you like it!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk (could use any kind or even heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- Wisk all ingredients together till frothy. (Maybe 15-20 strokes).
- Heat a small non-stick skillet or crepe pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Pour 1/3 of batter (about 1/8 of a cup) into pan and swirl to coat. You want the entire bottom of the pan evenly covered. (If there are 'holes' in your batter take a little of the batter to fill in.).
- Cook about 1 min until nicely set and slightly browned - the top will look cooked.
- Flip to brown the second side.
- Remove from pan onto waiting plate and repeat until batter is gone.
- Fill with your choice of toppings - fruit, ricotta cheese, etc -- .
Nice crepe variation! Despite the addition of the vanilla and sugar, I still got more of an egg texture/flavor from them, so, for me, that gears me more towards using savory fillings (just a personal taste thing!). I did try with a sweet cheese filling, which was okay, but I am thinking that these would be really great with savory fillings or even using as a shell for a breakfast burrito. Thanks for sharing such a versatile recipe with endless options! PAC Spring '11
Nice! I loved this recipe except for one thing. The proportion was too small for me. i tried the three crepe recipe and i only got one crepe. I did the six crepe recipe and it got me two crepes. Also, i though the egg was to strong so i doubled the recipe, but still did one egg. Either way it still came out delicious! Thank you for this recipe. I will forever remember it.
Loved this! I was snooping around the kitchen for something for dinner and I remembered this recipe. It falls in line with my plan to eat healthier. They take just minutes to prepare and I devoured them with a little yogurt and jam.