Recipe by L.A.'s Kitchen
These amazing cookies are addictive! I created this recipe using a combination of two different recipes when I was craving something chocolaty, fudgey and flour free. You will never believe that they are gluten free!
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth. It will be a soft, batter-like dough.
- Drop batter onto the prepared baking sheets using a teaspoon, then lightly flatten using the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray. Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes. They should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool right on the pan.
- Filling: Mix the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Form balls with aproximetly one tablespoon batter each.
- Flatten each ball, then place between two cookies to form a sandwich.