1 hr 20 mins
I'll never make chocolate cake with flour again. This was moist, rich and delish. The almond meal makes it more healthy even if you don't need to go flourless. This is based on BH&G recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F, line bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and butter or spray sides of pan.
- 2Melt chocolate and butter together either in double boiler or in microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Beat eggs and sugar together until triple in volume, pale and mousselike.
- 4Mix almond meal with cocoa powder. Gently fold into egg mixture. Follow with chocolate mixture, then lime zest and juice.
- 5Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes. Will be just firm on top but have a bit of wobble underneath.
- 6Cool in pan on a wire rack. When slightly cool, drape a clean kitchen towel over cake to stop from getting too crusty (some cracking/cratering is to be expected).
- 7When completely cool, loosen edges from pan, release springform edge, remove. Dust with confectioner's sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Lime Cake
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.3
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 74.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g