Recipe by **Jubes**
From the Australian Women’s Weekly “little book of Chocolate" - a give-away recipe booklet attached to this month's magazine
- 150 g butter, chopped
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 5 eggs, separated
- 158.51 ml caster sugar (150 grams)
- 354.88 ml hazelnut meal (150 grams ground hazelnuts)
- 118.29 ml roasted hazelnuts, chopped coarsely (45 grams)
- 78.07 ml thickened cream (80 mls)
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 140°C fan-forced. Grease a deep 20 cm round cake pan. Line base and sides of the pan with baking paper.
- Combine the butter and the chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until smooth and cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and the caster sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until thick and pale.
- Beat in the chocolate mixture to the egg yolks.
- Using a clean small bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the hazelnut meal into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the beaten egg whites in two batches.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 1 ½ hours.
- Cool in pan. Turn cake, top side down onto a serving plate.
- Ganache- bring the cream to the bowl in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Stand 5 minutes before using.
- Spread the cake with the chocolate ganache to serve and top with chopped hazelnuts to serve.