Recipe by ranch-girl
Delicious, with healthy fat from almonds, and only 5.5 grams net carbs per cookie. If you are avoiding wheat or counting carbs, give these a try. I created them for my husband who has to reduce his carb intake in order to control his blood sugar.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (mini chips work best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 1 cookie sheet.
- Stir together almond meal, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add beaten egg, chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet . You should be able to fit all 15 on the single cookie sheet.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet about 2 minutes and then transfer to paper towels or rack to cool.
- Note: I personally avoid artificial sweeteners, so I don't know how they would taste made with splenda.