Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious, with healthy fat from almonds, and only 5.5 grams net carbs per cookie. If you are avoiding wheat or counting carbs, give these a try. I created them for my husband who has to reduce his carb intake in order to control his blood sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 1 cookie sheet.
- Stir together almond meal, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add beaten egg, chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet . You should be able to fit all 15 on the single cookie sheet.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet about 2 minutes and then transfer to paper towels or rack to cool.
- Note: I personally avoid artificial sweeteners, so I don't know how they would taste made with splenda.
Five stars, these are excellent! Just exactly as I like it, chewy and not too sweet - thanks for posting! I'll make them again for sure.
Made for Healthy Choices.
WOW! i was looking for a recipe to use my almond flour/meal. i have several recipes but wanted something quick and easy. i was not disappointed! i almost couldn't believe how easily these came together - within minutes i had a sheet of cookies ready for the oven. i substituted ground flax meal/water for the egg, and added a tablespoon of rice milk to get a cookie dough consistency. they weren't too sweet, they were very chewy and just right. i will definitely make these again... maybe tonight! thanks ranch-girl!
I made these for the first time,,,they are awesome. I didn't have baking soda, so I used sea salt, and I used coconut sugar instead of regular sugar. Very impressed and pleased. LOVE 'EM!!!