Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from Relish Mag. I haven't made it yet but it sounds great.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray or butter and cocoa; shake off the excess cocoa.
- Beat butter until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar and beat until creamy. Add ground nuts, chocolate and egg yolks and beat thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Stir one-third of egg whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out nearly—but not completely—clean. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then release sides and slide onto a serving plate.
- Combine cream, vanilla and 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Top cake with cream and strawberries.