1/1 Photo of Flourless Chocolate Cake With Marzipan and Raspberries
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is absolutely to die for, and life altering. Combine the ultra creamy cake part with a bittersweet ganache, raspberry jelly and marzipan and you will just fall out of your seat. You will impress your guests and be the hit of any event with this recipe. I promise you. Make this and you will never eat regular restaurant's supposedly flourless chocolate cake again. I hope you enjoy this piece of deliciousness as much as our family has! The ingredients listed are for one layer of the cake. You will have to double the cake ingredients to make the upper and lower levels.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup Frangelico
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup marzipan
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1Cake Directions:.
- 2Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Butter 9 inch spring foam pan.
- 4Wrap foil around bottom and 2 inches up on the outsides of pan.
- 5Combine 1 cup of butter and the semisweet chocolate in top of double boiler.
- 6Melt over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from water.
- 7Whisk sugar and eggs in a large bowl to blend.
- 8Mix in flour.
- 9Stir in warm chocolate mix.
- 10Pour batter into pan.
- 11Repeat previous steps to make second cake.
- 12pour enough boiling water into pan to come 1/2 inch up the side of the cake.
- 13Bake cakes until top is firm and toothpick comes out with some crumbs, roughly 1 hour.
- 14Top bottom cake with layer of marzipan.
- 15Place second cake on top of first cake and top with the glaze. allow to cool until glaze makes a hard shell.
- 16Glaze cooking directions:.
- 17Boil coffee liqueur, frangelico, and rum in a sauce pan until reduced to 1/4 cup about 2 minutes.
- 18Reduce heat to low and add chocolate, cream and butter.
- 19Stir until chocolate and mix is smooth.
- 20Cool until mix thickens but is still pourable about 45 minutes.
- 21Serve with fresh raspberries on the side and on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Cake With Marzipan and Raspberries
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 26.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: