This recipe is absolutely to die for, and life altering. Combine the ultra creamy cake part with a bittersweet ganache, raspberry jelly and marzipan and you will just fall out of your seat. You will impress your guests and be the hit of any event with this recipe. I promise you. Make this and you will never eat regular restaurant's supposedly flourless chocolate cake again. I hope you enjoy this piece of deliciousness as much as our family has! The ingredients listed are for one layer of the cake. You will have to double the cake ingredients to make the upper and lower levels.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup Frangelico
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup marzipan
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- Cake Directions:.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter 9 inch spring foam pan.
- Wrap foil around bottom and 2 inches up on the outsides of pan.
- Combine 1 cup of butter and the semisweet chocolate in top of double boiler.
- Melt over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from water.
- Whisk sugar and eggs in a large bowl to blend.
- Mix in flour.
- Stir in warm chocolate mix.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Repeat previous steps to make second cake.
- pour enough boiling water into pan to come 1/2 inch up the side of the cake.
- Bake cakes until top is firm and toothpick comes out with some crumbs, roughly 1 hour.
- Top bottom cake with layer of marzipan.
- Place second cake on top of first cake and top with the glaze. allow to cool until glaze makes a hard shell.
- Glaze cooking directions:.
- Boil coffee liqueur, frangelico, and rum in a sauce pan until reduced to 1/4 cup about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add chocolate, cream and butter.
- Stir until chocolate and mix is smooth.
- Cool until mix thickens but is still pourable about 45 minutes.
- Serve with fresh raspberries on the side and on top.