Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Quick, tasty dessert or breakfast. Low-carb and soy-free.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 10 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Soften butter.
- In small bowl, beat egg with fork; add in the additional ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spray an oversized cup or mug with nonstick spray. Pour in batter. Microwave on high for 50 seconds.
- Cake can be turned out on plate and served with whipped cream.
- Try inserting a sugar-free peanut butter cup in the center midway through cooking time.
OMG!!! I'm picky about low carb deserts and this was excellent!!! For those of you that are curious YES it tastes like yummy cake!! I meant to add frosting but I ate it too damn fast! LOL!
I needed a quick gluten free dessert for one person and this was perfect! I made it twice; the first one seemed a little gooey so we had to test it. It was tasty but not quite done after 50 seconds on high. The second one I cooked for 60 seconds and it was perfect! This is great whether you need a gluten free dessert for a guest or just a quick chocolate fix!
Wow! I just needed a little something to take the edge off and this was it! Thank you.