1/3 Photos of Flourless Chocolate Cake by King Arthur Flour- With Chocolate Gl
Bonnie G #2's Note:
I've gone through all the flourless cake recipes to try to find this one but it's just enough different that I felt I needed to post it separate. I received this in the mail from King Arthur's and couldn't wait to make it. It's simple, only a few ingredients and the results are a chewy, chocolaty delight. Very rich, sweet and more like a brownie and a little goes a long way. It looks elegant and a great desert for company and has the added benefit of tasting even better the next day. Using the microwave makes this go together quick and easy. I've just guessed at the serving size as it's so rich you can only eat very small slices at a time. So for chocolate lovers everywhere, here's to us!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped (or use chips)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder (but oh so good) (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate (or chips) (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Lightly grease an 8" round cake pan; cut a piece of parchment or waxed paper to fit, grease it, and lay it in the bottom of pan (I sprayed the whole pan with flour Pam).
- 3To make cake; heat the chocolate and butter in microwave, stirring until mixture is melted and smooth.
- 4Add the sugar, salt and espresso powder.
- 5Add eggs, beating briefly until smooth.
- 6Add cocoa powder and mix just to combine.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake cake for 25 minutes; the top will have formed a thn crust.
- 9Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 10Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan, and turn it out onto a serving plate.
- 11Allow cake to cool completely before glazing.
- 13Heat chocolate and cream in microwave, stirring until chocolate melst and mixture is completely smooth.
- 14Spoon glaze over the cake, spreading it to drip over the sides a bit.
- 15Garnish with toasted almonds if desired.
- 16Allow glaze to set for several hours before serving cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Cake by King Arthur Flour- With Chocolate Gl
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 60.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g