Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
A simple, but sophisticated, flourless chocolate cake, subtly perfumed with Cointreau (orange liqueur). If you serve a dollop of softly-whipped cream on the side, you'll have a truly impressive dessert.
- Butter a small ring mold and dust it with flour, tapping out excess.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter.
- Add chocolate and blend well.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs with sugar until combined well.
- Add eggs to chocolate and beat well.
- Sift cornstarch over batter and stir in.
- Stir in Cointreau.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Put in larger pan, add enough hot water to reach halfway up sides of pan.
- Bake in the middle of oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove cake and let cool 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a plate.
- Let cool completely in mold and then lift mold off cake.
- May be made 1 day in advance and kept, covered loosely, at room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream.