Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A rich, dedecant, gluten free desert.
Make and share this Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces solid dark chocolate (use your favorite GF dark chocolate bars)
- 1⁄2 cup Truvia
- 3⁄4 cup very hot strong coffee
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 large organic free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 10-cup Springform pan by lining the bottom with a circle of buttered parchment. Wrap the outside of the whole pan (underneath, to catch any leaks) with a big piece of foil.
- Break up the dark chocolate into pieces and pour the chocolate into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until the chocolate breaks up into small bits. Add the sugar. Pulse until the chocolate and sugar turns into an even, sandy grain.
- Pour the hot water or coffee slowly into the feed tube as you pulse again. Pulse until the chocolate is melted. Magic!
- Add the butter pieces and the cocoa powder, and pulse to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla, and process till smooth. The batter will be liquid and creamy.
- *Note for cooks across the pond: One stick of butter here equals 8 tablespoons, or one half cup, 4 oz.
- Pour the batter into the lined Springform pan.
- Bake at 350º F in the center of the oven, till puffed and cracked and lovely - about 55 to 65 minutes. (Note - it took an hour plus 15 minutes when I baked this at high altitude.) Use a wooden toothpick to check the center of the cake; pick should emerge clean, with maybe a crumb.
- Place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool. The cake will deflate. Don't worry! When cooled a bit, press down on it gently with a spatula to make it even, if you wish. Or not.
- When the cake is completely cooled, cover, and chill it for at least three hours (best up to eight hours), until serving. Overnight is even better.
- Serve thin slices with drizzled chocolate sauce or a sprinkle of sifted powdered sugar. Garnish with a fresh berries or mint leaves.