Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Spark People.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked if fresh, drained and rinsed if canned (chickpeas)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar
- Place rack on middle level and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate in microwave on medium power for two minutes, stopping frequently to stir.
- In food processor or blender, combine beans, eggs and egg substitute, blending on high for 30 seconds. Add chocolate, sugar, mayonnaise and baking powder and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 9" heart-shaped non-stick baking pan or a round pan, baking for 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.