Recipe by LDSMom128
I saw this recipe shown on Everyday Food on PBS. It looked so good and it contains no flour! I haven't tried it yet, so let me know how it turns out!
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 6 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more
- unsalted butter, for the pan
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Butter a 9 inch springform pan well.
- Place butter and chocolate into a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 second increments, stirring well until after each increment until completely melted. Allow to cool slighly. Whisk in the eggs yolks well.
- In another bowl, add the egg white and mix with a hand mixer until soft peaks form, about 3-5minutes.Gradually add the sugar and beat until soft and fluffy.
- Mix in 1/4 of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Gently fold in the rest of egg whites until mixed well.
- Pour into springform pan, smoothing out the top. Bake at 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Dust with Confectioners sugar and maybe some berries on top!