Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is VERY delicious and cures any sweet tooth!
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, plus
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet dark baking chocolate or 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Grease a 9-inch spring form pan and line bottom with a parchment round. Combine the chocolate and butter in a bowl. Set the bowl over simmering water or in the top of a double boiler. Melt the mixture, stirring constantly until smooth, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until frothy and almost doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold 1/3 of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. Repeat this process until all of the egg mixture has been folded inches.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cake has risen and the adges are set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Remove spring form pan side, invert cake onto a plate, and peel off the parchment paper. Reinvert cake on a serving platter. Heat cream and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and add extracts. Drizzle chocolate sauce over cake and serve.