2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This delicious chocolate cake is flavored with Frangelico. Cooking time does not include allowing the cake to refrigerate overnight before serving. Posted for ZWT 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300F degrees. Grease a deep 8" round cake pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- 2Half-fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place the bowl over the pan, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water. Stir the chocolate occasionally until completely melted.
- 3Put the eggs in a heatproof bowl. Add the Frangelico. Place the bowl over a pan of just simering water on low heat, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture on high for 7 minutes, or until light and foamy. Remove from heat.
- 4Use a metal spoon to quickly and lightly fold the chocolate and nuts into the egg mixture until just combined. Fold in the cream and pour into the cake pan.
- 5Place the cake pan in a shallow roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the side of the cake pan.
- 6Bake for 1 hour, or until just set.
- 7Remove cake pan from the roasting pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 9Invert the cake onto a plate and remove the parchment paper. Cut cake into slices. Lightly dust each slice with confectioners sugar and serve with thick cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 61.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: