This cake is really really good. I believe it's from an Emeril cookbook. This is for the chocolate lovers out there.....
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9" springform pan with 1 tablespoons of butter, dust with flour.
- In metal bowl over double boiler, melt remaining butter and chocolate, remove from heat
- Use mixer to beat yolks together with sugar and vanilla.
- Beat whites and salt together until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into yolk mixture a little at a time.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into springform pan.
- Bake 40 minutes until spongy.
- Remove from oven, remove springform, cool completely.
- When cake is cool, prepare icing.
- Mix together chocolate and cream over double boiler until smooth.
- Spread over cake.
- Top with raspberries and whipped cream.
Good, good, good! Very decadent.
I forgot to mention instead of dusting the pan with flour I use cocoa. That way you don't see white if you get to much flour in one spot. And more chocolate never hurt anyone.
Jan 23, 2012. I was looking for a recipe that might be like one I've had at a local restaurant. I couldn't remember if that one had icing on it. I almost didn't make it for this one but I ended up that I did. It's perfect the with it. It was so good I took it to two Christmas dinners. I served with Whipped Cream. Even the ones who don't like cake loved this. I will be making this many, many more times.
Made this as a B-Day cake due to a gluten-intolerant guest. Doubled recipe and made in two pans. Skipped the frosting and just used Cool Whip as frosting between layers and on top, didn't bother with sides. Topped with raspberries. Not a baker, but my grown up kids went nuts. Did use the hint on dusting with cocoa.