This cake is really really good. I believe it's from an Emeril cookbook. This is for the chocolate lovers out there.....
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9" springform pan with 1 tablespoons of butter, dust with flour.
- In metal bowl over double boiler, melt remaining butter and chocolate, remove from heat
- Use mixer to beat yolks together with sugar and vanilla.
- Beat whites and salt together until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into yolk mixture a little at a time.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into springform pan.
- Bake 40 minutes until spongy.
- Remove from oven, remove springform, cool completely.
- When cake is cool, prepare icing.
- Mix together chocolate and cream over double boiler until smooth.
- Spread over cake.
- Top with raspberries and whipped cream.