Recipe by mandabears
This is a wonderful, easy, chocolate cake that I made for the Seder. It was a hit, everyone loved it. I served it with whipped cream and tossed on a few fresh raspberries. Thank you Mr. Food!!!
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup butter, do not substitute
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Place a 12 inch square of waxed paper in pie pan.
- Butter the waxed paper.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup butter, sugar, water and instant coffee.
- Heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the chocolate and butter are melted, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the well beaten eggs.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes only, the center will not be completely set.
- Cool, cover loosely, then chill for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the refrigerator.
- Let set for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving plate.
- Remove the waxed paper.
- Top with whipped cream.